Pan Fried Baby Artichoke Recipe
This pan-fried artichokes recipe is quick and easy to make. But also take a look at another artichoke version of mine: à la barigoule, oven-roasted artichokes with garlic, bacon and white wine. Delish!
- 10 baby artichokes
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- olive oil
- Remove the stems from the artichokes with a very sharp knife.
- Then peel away the tougher outer layers of the artichoke. Be generous 'cause these leaves are pretty tough and chewy to eat anyway. You should get rid of half of at least the side leaves in the end. Don't be scared!
- Cut off the top parts.
- You should end up with a neatly cleaned and trimmed artichoke heart.
- Then cut the cleaned baby artichokes into 4 pieces.
- Pour a drop of olive oil in a non-stick pan or wok and add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Place the pan over medium heat and fry the garlic for a minute. Then add the chopped artichokes.
- Fry the artichokes for 6 to 7 minutes until they are crisp and brown on the outside. Sprinkle with the white wine vinegar in the end.
- Then stir in the freshly chopped mint. Season with a good dash of pepper and salt. Take the pan off the heat and transfer the fried artichokes to a serving plate. Serve immediately.