Best Bread Pudding Recipe Ever
Quite a few times we would spend the weekends making this easy bread pudding recipe that seemed to live a second life because it didn’t last very long either. Seven tummies, that’s a lot of bread pudding! What’s your best bread pudding recipe?
Need more recipe ideas to use that leftover bread in your pantry? Then do take a look at my easy pancakes with leftover bread instead of flour!
- 7 oz stale bread (200 g)
- ½ cup whole milk (120 ml)
- 3 medium eggs
- 5,5 oz caster sugar (155 g)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 apple chopped
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper
- Roughly shred or cut the old bread into small pieces.
- Then add the the eggs, caster sugar, grated ginger, poppy seeds, cinnamon and lemon juice. Season with the pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Add the milk and gently mix everything. Let the bread soak for 5 minutes. Then add the chopped apple and stir again.
- Pour the chunky bread batter in a tin.
- Then bake the bread pudding in a preheated oven at 392°F (200°C) for 30 minutes. Cover with tinfoil if necessary. Turn off the heat but let the pudding rest in the hot oven for another 10 minutes. Then let the bread pudding cool a little and cut it up.