Apple Crumble Recipe with Peanuts
I added some crushed salted peanuts for crunch. You can also use walnuts or pecans instead of salted peanuts. I guess that must give it an extra earthy flavor touch then. You can serve the apple crumble with a scoop of ice cream, creamy vanilla custard or a knob of fresh sour cream. Enjoy…
Love crumbles? Then also check out my rhubarb crumble!
- 1 apple
- 1 tbsp salted peanuts crushed
- ½ oz unsalted butter (15 g), soft
- 1 oz plain flour (28 g)
- ½ oz caster sugar (15 g)
- ½ oz brown sugar (15 g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the soft butter, brown sugar, plain flour and crushed peanuts to a mixing bowl. Then season with a tiny pinch of salt.
Start kneading the ingredients using your fingers. You should get a rough and moist crumble.
- Put it aside until needed later. Then peel and core the apple. Cut it in half. Place the apple (cut side down) in small buttered tart tins and brush the top with the lemon juice. Sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Then carefully cover the apple halves with the peanut crumble.
- Bake the apple crumble in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 25 to 30 minutes. The crumble should be golden and the apple nicely soft. Then remove the tins from the hot oven. The the apple crumble cool a bit. Serve lukewarm.