Asian Style Steak Tartare
Asian Steak Tartare
Classic dishes meets fusion cuisine: here's a colorful Asian style steak tartare, what a flavor bomb! Easy to make ahead, the perfect starter!
Course: Lunch, Main Course
Calories per serving: 419 kcal
- 9 oz ground beef (250 g)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tbsp red onion chopped finely
- ½ handful fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ handful fresh mint chopped
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 quail eggs raw
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Transfer the ground beef to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the grated ginger, the chopped red onion and half of the soy sauce and fish sauce.
Stir the beef mince well. The add the freshly chopped mint and cilantro, the vegetable oil and half of the chili sauce.
- Stir well again. Check the seasoning and add the rest of the fish sauce, soy sauce or chili sauce to taste if necessary. Also add extra lemon or lime juice if you like.
- Then cover the bowl of tartare with some cling film and let the beef marinate and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then divide the tartare between 2 plates. You can use a serving ring to do this if you want.
- Gently crack the quail eggs. Discard the egg white and keep the yolk in one piece. Then top the tartare with the yolks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve cold.