Bacon Omelet Recipe with Onion
I love omelets. They are so simple to prepare and a good opportunity to add a variety of leftovers from last night’s dinner. Serve the bacon omelet with grilled (garlic) bread or do just the way I like my omelet: with a heap of golden French fries…
Looking for a refreshing summer omelet recipe? Then check out my omelet with tuna and tomato salsa!
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- 5,5 oz salted bacon (155 g)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Pour a tiny drop of olive oil in a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic clove and the sliced yellow onion. Season with a little pinch of pepper and salt.
- Cook the garlic and onion for about 8 to 9 minutes until the onion starts to soften and brown lightly. Stir regularly. Dice the salted bacon into smaller strips and add it to the soft onion in the pan.
Stir well and cook for 5 minutes until the bacon is cooked through. In the meantime break the eggs over a large mixing bowl and beat them well. Season with a little pepper and salt to taste. Also add half of the fresh thyme. When the bacon is cooked enough, add the beaten eggs to the hot pan.
- Quickly stir it all a little to divide the bacon and onion evenly over the omelet but don’t scramble the eggs too much. Put a lid on the pan and cook for 2 more minutes until the eggs have set more or less on top. If you like your omelet a little more cooked, leave it covered for a couple of more minutes.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and cut the bacon omelet up. Transfer the omelet onto hot plates. Sprinkle with extra freshly ground black pepper and the rest of the thyme. Serve immediately while hot.