Baked Feta Cheese Casserole Recipe
It’s a great lunch option when you crave something warm but still light, healthy and easy to prepare. Finish the warm dish with a good sprinkle of olive oil and serve it with some toasted bread. Yum.
Love feta cheese? Then also check out my feta cheese and red pepper dip!
- 10,5 oz feta cheese (350 g)
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2- inch fresh cucumber (5 cm)
- 1 thin slice onion
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- 6 black olives pitted
- 1 tbsp capers in brine
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- olive oil
- Sprinkle the bottom of a small baking dish with olive oil and season with a pinch of pepper, salt, garlic powder and dried thyme.
- Place the feta cheese on top and sprinkle lightly with extra olive oil, pepper, salt, dried thyme and garlic powder.
- Place the feta cheese in a preheated oven and bake it for 15 minutes or until the top starts to brown. In the meantime chop the cherry tomatoes, olives, cucumber and onion up into rough bits and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add the capers, some dried thyme, the chopped mint, the red wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir well and put the salad in the fridge. Once the feta cheese is baked, divide it into 2 portions and place it onto plates. Top with the tomato salad.
- Serve immediately.