Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever
Don’t worry if your cake starts to collapse, that’s normal. It might look somewhat funny maybe when you pull the cake out of the oven but the taste is definitely there. Sprinkle it with icing sugar if you want to cheer it up a bit right before serving but that’s optional.
There’s good news for you in the ‘desserts you can make in advance’ section: this chocolate cake tastes even better the day after! Well, that is if you are brave enough to leave the cake alone for so long then…
- 4,5 oz dark chocolate (125 g)
- 7 oz brown sugar (200 g)
- 7 oz self-raising flour (200 g)
- ½ cup whole milk (120 ml)
- 8 oz unsalted butter (225 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder optional
- 2 eggs
- Pour the milk in a small saucepan and add the butter.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and let the butter in the milk. Chop the chocolate up into small pieces. Then transfer them to a bowl and add the brown sugar. As soon as the milk and butter mixture starts to boil, add it to the chocolate and sugar.
Stir well until the chocolate has melted fully. Then add the self-raising flour and baking powder.
Stir well into a smooth batter. Then add the eggs and cocoa powder (optional).
Whisk well into a runny smooth batter. Then pour the chocolate batter in a cake tin coated with baking paper.
- Then bake the chocolate cake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the cake to rest in the hot oven for another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool entirely in its tin. Slice it up and serve.