Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
I really like the idea of adding zucchini. To be honest, I wasn’t very enthusiastic about that when I bumped into this recipe for the first time. I was wrong though… To crank it up even more, you can add cocao powder to give it an extra chocolate flavor! Enjoy!
- 7 oz plain flour (200 g)
- 7 oz fresh zucchini (200 g), grated
- 5,5 oz brown sugar (155 g)
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil (160 ml)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a handful hazelnuts chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- pinch nutmeg
- Break the eggs in a large mixing bowl and then add the brown sugar.
- Whisk well into a foamy mixture. Then add the vegetable oil.
Stir well. Also add the freshly grated zucchini and chopped hazelnuts.
Stir well again. Then add the plain flour and baking soda. Season with a good pinch of pepper, salt and nutmeg.
Firmly whisk all the ingredients into a thick and chunky cake batter. Then gently pour it in a greased loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 50 to 60 minutes. If you insert a tooth pick in the middle it should come out clean. Then remove the zucchini bread from the hot oven and let it rest and cool down in its tin. Slice it up and serve warm or cold.