Cheesy Black Bean Dip
So maybe you got some leftover bean dip? Don’t throw it out! It also tastes heavenly the day after. Because then the flavors can develop even more. Serve it over cooked spaghetti for instance. Or maybe spread it on some hot dogs buns, sprinkle some grated cheese on top and grill the buns for a couple of minutes… Great instant lunch or late night snack.
You can replace the spices in this recipe by homemade taco seasoning!
- 10,5 oz canned black beans (300 g), drained weight
- 10,5 oz canned chopped tomatoes (300 g)
- 2 oz canned sweet corn (55 g), drained weight
- 2 oz red bell pepper (55 g), diced
- 1 small red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- a handful grated cheese
- a handful fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- olive oil
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce
Rinse the black beans and add half of them to a blender and blend well into a rough mixture.
- Peel and chop up the garlic and onion finely. Then pour a little olive oil in a high pan and add the onion, garlic and cumin.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook for 3 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes and the blended black beans. Season with a little salt.
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes over medium-low heat. Stir regularly. Then take the pan off the heat in the end and stir in half of the freshly chopped cilantro, the canned corn, diced red bell pepper and the rest of the black beans.
- Stir in half of the hot chili sauce as well.
- Then check the seasoning and add extra chili sauce or salt to taste if necessary. Pour the dip in a baking dish and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the dip in a preheat oven at 375°F (190°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese has nicely melted. Remove the dip from the oven, let it cool a little for 5 minutes. Then garnish the dip with the remaining cilantro. Serve warm.