Cabbage And Bacon Side Dish
For this recipe I bought 1 huge savoy cabbage, the smallest I could find in the supermarket. Half of it ended up here, the other half will probably end up in a cabbage soup and in pickled cabbage then.
- 1 ⅔ lbs savoy cabbage (750 ml)
- 6 oz salted bacon (180 g), diced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Chop the cabbage roughly into strips. Then remove any tough dark green leaves. Put the chopped cabbage in a sieve and rinse well. Let the cabbage drain for a few minutes.
Add the unsalted butter and the rosemary to a high pan. Place it over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Then add the diced bacon. Season with a pinch of pepper.
Stir well and cook the bacon for 2 minutes. Then add the sliced savoy cabbage, the cumin seeds and a glass of water.
- Cook the cabbage over medium heat under a lid until soft. Stir regularly. Then add extra water if necessary.
- In the end, check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then transfer the cabbage and bacon onto plates or scoop it in a large serving dish. Serve hot.