Pasta Carbonara Recipe
The main ingredients make it also a frugal dinner: dry pasta, bacon and eggs. This is stuff you almost permanently keep around somewhere in your kitchen. This pasta carbonara is a great idea if you have to prepare a quick or unexpected dinner. Serve the carbonara piping hot and dig in as soon as you can.
Are you looking for a vegetarian carbonara version? Then check this one!
- 9 oz dry spaghetti (250 g)
- 5,5 oz unsalted bacon (155 g), diced
- 3 medium eggs beaten
- a handful parmesan cheese grated
Add the diced bacon to a dry non-stick pan and put it over medium heat. Season with a little pepper and salt.
- Cook the diced bacon for about 5 to 6 minutes and stir regularly.
- Put a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil and add the spaghetti until tender.
- Drain the spaghetti and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the cooked bacon. Season with pepper. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir well.
- Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary.
- Transfer the pasta onto plates and sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese. Serve piping hot.