Cheese Omelette Recipe with Goat Cheese
Since brocciu is not available in our hometown she suggested we could use any other fresh goat cheese or even ricotta for this cheese omelette recipe. The mint is an absolute must! I added the raw red onion myself to give the fluffy cheese omelette a bit of crunch. You should really try this one. I served the omelette with bread and a simple green salad sprinkled with some olive oil.
Love omelets? Then also check out my Spanish potato omelet or tortilla!
- 6 eggs
- 3,5 oz soft goat's cheese (100 g)
- a handful fresh mint
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and drain the fresh mint. Then chop it up roughly and set it aside until later.
- Tear the fresh goat cheese into smaller crumbs.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl and then beat them until foaming. Season with pepper, salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and gently fry for 4 minutes without browning. Then pour in the beaten egg and bake the omelette the way you prefer.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled fresh goat cheese and let the omelette simmer for another minute until the cheese is warmed through. Check the seasoning and add more pepper, salt or nutmeg to taste if necessary. Cut the omelette up and transfer it onto hot plates. Then sprinkle with the chopped mint and red onion. Serve immediately.