Chicken Fajita Salad Recipe
For my steak fajita recipe I only used green bell pepper. Red and yellow peppers are far more sweeter and back up the chicken much better than green ones. I like to make the chicken pretty spicy though. Be generous! Serve the chicken preferably lukewarm or cold. Makes it a brilliant tex mex summer lunch salad! Want to add some sour cream and grated cheddar cheese for garnish in the end? Go ahead! Enjoy!
- 10,5 oz fresh chicken breast (350 g)
- 2 small red bell peppers
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili sauce
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 small bag butter lettuce
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
Rinse the chicken breasts and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Then slice the chicken into thin slivers. Add them to a ziploc freezer bag. Peel the garlic cloves and smash the finely under the blade of your knife. Add the garlic together with the cumin seeds, the soy sauce, hot chili sauce, paprika powder, brown sugar and lime (or lemon) juice.
- Slice the bell peppers and red onion up into bite-size pieces. Then add them to the bag as well. Drizzle with the vegetable oil. Season with a sprinkle of salt.
- Close the bag and shake all the ingredients well to divide marinade evenly. Let this marinate for 30 minutes. After that place a big non-stick pan over medium-high heat and add the marinated ingredients.
- Quickly stir fry everything for a couple of minutes until the chicken strips are cooked through. Then check the seasoning and add extra salt, soy sauce, lime juice or hot chili sauce to taste.
- Rinse the lettuce, drain well and divide it between plates. Then top with the chicken and bell bell. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheddar.