Love chiffon cakes? Then also check my pumpkin version with hazelnuts!
Chiffon Cake Roll with Strawberry Jam
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 3,5 oz yellow cake mix (100 g)
- 3 oz caster sugar (85 g)
- ⅙ cup whole milk (40 ml)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 medium eggs
- icing sugar
- Carefully break the eggs and separate them. Transfer the whites to a high cup or bowl and beat them for a couple of minutes using a stick mixer or balloon whisk until the whites are stiff.
- Pour the whole milk in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining egg yolks, a little pinch of salt and the caster sugar.
Stir well into a runny mixture. Then add the yellow cake mix.
- Stir well again. Then gently fold the whipped egg whites into the runny batter.
- Stir very carefully now or the cake will not be airy enough in the end if you break too many air bubbles. Then pour the cake batter on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 10 to 12 minutes until the cake is cooked through and the middle has set. Then remove the cake from the hot oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes at room temperature before touching it. Then flip the cake over on a clean surface or chopping board and carefully peel away the layer of baking paper from the bottom.
- While the cake is still hot, roll it in between 2 clean and dry kitchen towels.
- Let the cake cool down fully now at room temperature for at least an hour. Then unwrap the cake again and spread it evenly with the strawberry jam on one side.
Once that is done, roll the cake back up again. Then wrap it in cling film and let it rest at room temperature for another 30 minutes.
- Unwrap it again, sprinkle with some icing sugar and slice the cake roll up.