Shit happens. You’ve had a super busy day at work and you just don’t feel like cooking a proper dinner at home. Then takeaways are a blessing at that moment. What type of takeaways do you find around where you live? Since I live in an expat neighbourhood, I can find quite a nice selection of takeaways here. Indian, Thai, pizza, a Chinese takeaway, burgers – even fish and chips!
But to be quite honest, I’ve never really ordered food over the phone or online. As tired as I sometimes was, I still found the courage to cook something up. My favorite 10-minute dinner back then? A good old stir fry! With noodles, fresh vegetables and lots of oyster sauce. Just because I always have those ingredients in my fridge and pantry. So I’d still put a wok on the stove, chop up some veg ninja style, then add some noodles and sauce. Done.
And that’s exactly what I want to show you, that some Chinese takeaway recipes are so easy to make in your very own kitchen. Sure, some need a little more time of course. The Chinese takeaway recipes I’ve selected below are absolutely delicious, and very easy to make.
So why not give my Chinese takeaway copycat recipes a try! Click on the pictures below and you’ll immediately be redirected to the right page!
Here we go again: which one of these Chinese takeaway recipes is my favorite? I do have to admit that I’m a sucker for spicy soups. So because of that I’d say #19, the szechuan chili wonton soup! And I do like the fried stuff also: wontons, prawn balls or spring rolls. Bring me a little cup of sweet and spicy chili sauce and you won’t hear me again for half an hour – apart from the constant crunchy munching of course.
I’d say: dig into these awesome Chinese takeaway recipes and enjoy the ride!
20 Chinese Takeaway Copycat Recipes
Click on the pictures below and you’ll immediately be redirected to the right page!
1) Crockpot Chinese Sesame Chicken (Carlsbad Cravings)
2) Chinese Char Siu Pork Skewers (Taste.com)
3) Chinese Hakka Noodles (Honest Cooking)
4) Egg Fried Rice (Vazhayila.com)
5) Chinese Roasted Soy Sauce Chicken (Seasalt with Food)
6) Tofu with Black Bean Sauce (The Woks of Life)
7) Indo Chinese Chicken Manchurian (I Knead To Eat)
8) Szechuan Shrimp with Broccoli & Peppers (i FOOD Blog)
9) Crispy Fried Wontons (Noob Cook)
10) Chicken Chop Suey Stir Fry (Pickled Plum)
11) Lo Mein (Pinch of Yum)
12) Chinese Veggie Egg Noodles in Oyster Sauce
13) Chinese Spring Rolls (Fine Dining Lovers)
14) Sweet & Sour Pork (Foodelicacy)
15) Hot & Sour Soup (Gimme Some Oven)
16) Beef Szechuan Noodles (Macheesmo)
17) Prawn Balls (BBC Food)
18) Chinese Honey Chicken (Whitney Bond)
19) Hot & Sour Wonton Soup (China Sichuan Food)