Chorizo And Eggs on Toast
This is a 5-minute recipe so make sure not to overcook the eggs. Scramble them quickly and take them out as soon as they are set or the eggs will dry out in an instant. Scoop it on a piece of crispy warm toast, sprinkle with extra freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of dried herbs. Set your teeth in it. Absolutely yummers!
- 3 medium eggs
- 6 thin slices dried chorizo sausage chopped roughly
- ½ tsp dried oregano optional
- 2 slices toast bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat until the oil is hot. Then add the chopped chorizo.
- Fry the chorizo for a minute until it starts to release its grease and the remaining olive oil turns red. Now is the perfect moment to toast the bread.
Carefully break the 3 eggs in a small bowl and season them with a little pinch of pepper and salt. Don’t beat them! Then gently add the whole eggs to the baked chorizo in the hot pan.
- Immediately after that break the egg yolks and start stirring the yolks and whites around in the pan, incorporating the baked chorizo (use a wooden spoon or fork if possible, makes it much easier).
- Turn the heat low. Stir the eggs well until they start to set. They should look like lumpy scrambled eggs.
- Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Put the freshly toasted bread onto plates. Take the warm pan off the heat and top the toast with the scrambled eggs and chorizo. Sprinkle with some dried oregano (optional) and extra freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately while hot.