Cinnamon Swirl Cookies Recipe
And let it be of no surprise these cookies didn’t make it until the next day. Too delicious to ignore! Also check out another favorite of mine: Italian cantucci biscuits with almonds!
Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
1 hr 12 mins
This sweet treat is really easy to make! Sugary cinnamon swirl cookies, a great bite for your afternoon cup of coffee or tea...
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 30 cookies
Calories per serving: 90 kcal
- 9 oz plain flour (250 g)
- 6,5 oz unsalted butter (185 g), soft
- 4,5 oz caster sugar (125 g)
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Dice the butter finely in a large mixing bowl and leave it at room temperature until soft. Then add 3 oz (90 g) of the caster sugar.
- Whisk the butter and sugar well until creamy. Add the egg and a little pinch of salt.
- Stir again into a buttery mixture. Gradually add the sifted flour.
- Whisk as you go. You should end up with a smooth dough. Cover it with a piece of cling film and put the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- In the meantime combine the remaining caster sugar and the cinnamon.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for a minute. Add extra flour if necessary. Roll the dough out gently into a nice rectangle. It should be about ⅕-inch (5 mm) thick. Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Carefully start rolling the dough up and wrap it up tightly in some cling film.
- Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and set. After that, remove the cling film and cut the dough roll into even slices.
- Place the slices on a baking paper lined baking tray. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the baked cookies cool on an oven rack.