Dirty Rice with Shrimp Recipe
Don’t know where you live but here liver is the cheapest protein I can find. And I’m lucky I love it!
Love liver? Then also check out some more livers recipes here on my blog: liver with white wine and garlic, chicken liver pate, chicken liver ragu spaghetti sauce, chicken liver salad and a liver stew with balsamic vinegar!
Dirty rice with shrimp? You will love this bowl of stir fried buttery rice, chopped liver bits and shrimp!
- 7 oz fresh chicken livers (200 g)
- 6 to 8 medium raw shrimp peeled
- 7 oz cooked rice (200 g)
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ¾ cup chicken stock (180 ml)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- a handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 large garlic clove chopped
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Chop the chicken livers into small bits. Pour a little vegetable oil in a large wok or non-stick pan and place it over medium-high heat until hot, then add the chicken livers.
Stir fry the livers for about 5 minutes until cooked. Then transfer them to a clean plate. Leave the remaining oil and grainy livers bits in the pan. Add the flour and extra oil.
Stir and bake the flour until it turns brown. Then add the chopped garlic and chicken stock. Season with the ground cumin, the cayenne, the paprika and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir and let the chicken stock reduce by half. Then add the cooked liver back to the pan.
Stir and cook for another 3 minutes. Then add the cooked rice and shrimp.
Stir well again. Also dd the chopped parsley and unsalted butter.
- Cook for another 2 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra spices to taste if necessary. Serve.