Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
This is a great dessert. I never cooked desserts with mascarpone before but wow, tastes wonderful!! I used speculoos for the cookie base, a typical biscuit from Belgium. You can replace it by crumbled digestive biscuits and add a pinch of ground cinnamon. What are you waiting for?
Love chocolate cakes? Then also check out another chocolate treat: my flourless chocolate cake!
- 9 oz mascarpone (250 g)
- 7 oz quark cheese (200 g)
- 5,5 oz dark chocolate (155 g)
- 5,5 oz digestive biscuits or shortcrust biscuits (150 g)
- 1,5 oz caster sugar (45 g)
- 2 oz unsalted butter (55 g), melted
- 2 eggs
First of all add the biscuits to the blender (break them up if necessary). Then blend them well until you get a fine crumble and pour in the melted butter.
- Pulse again into a smooth paste.
- Then transfer this cookie crumble to a springform pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the cookie base.
- Bake the cookie base in a preheated oven at 374°F (190°C) for 5 minutes until cooked. Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool at room temperature. Then transfer the mascarpone and fresh cheese to a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and caster sugar.
- Mix it into a smooth cream. Break the chocolate up into smaller pieces and put them in a (glass) bowl. Put this bowl over a pan of gently boiling water (bain marie). Let the chocolate melt.
- Then add the melted chocolate to the mascarpone mixture.
Stir well. Pour the chocolate batter on top of the baked cookie bottom in the springform pan.
Spread the chocolate batter evenly. Bake the cake in the hot oven at 338°F (170°C) for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven. Then let it cool completely in the springform pan. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve.