Easy Lemon Pudding Cake Recipe
Don’t worry if the cakes puff up like a soufflé while baking. They will collapse slowly while cooling. Serve them lukewarm, sprinkled with some icing sugar.
Love easy lemon desserts? Then also check out my lemon panna cotta with yogurt!
- 2 large eggs separated
- 2,5 oz caster sugar (70 g)
- 3 tbsp plain flour (45 g)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅖ cup whole milk (100 ml)
- 1 tsp unsalted butter melted
- Add the egg yolks and caster sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Whip them until the mixture is pale, creamy and a little foamy. Then add the plain flour and a little pinch of salt.
- Stir well. Now gradually whisk in the grated lemon zest, the lemon juice and the melted butter.
Stir the batter well. Then whip the egg white until stiff and also add it to the runny lemon mixture together with the milk.
Fold it in gently until well combined. You should get a runny and airy batter. Then pour this batter in buttered ramekins. Place them in an oven pan or ceramic oven dish and add some water.
Then place the ramekins in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 25 to 30 minutes. They should look lightly golden. Remove the puddings and serve them warm or lukewarm.