Easy Quiche Recipe
If you really have a hard time finding the perfect cheese for your easy quiche recipe you can always use feta cheese as well. Its fresh and rather sour flavor also works well in combination with the sweetness of the apple. And why not use a blue cheese and a couple of pears instead of apples? Serve the quiche with a fresh rocket salad.
Love quiches? Then also check out my smoked haddock quiche with spinach!
- 2 apples
- 9 oz plain flour (250 g)
- 7 oz unsalted butter (200 g), cold and diced
- 3 tbsp water (45 ml), cold
- 2 oz brie (55 g), sliced
- 3,5 oz Emmental cheese (100 g), grated
- 3 oz salted bacon (85 g), sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cream (240 ml)
- Pour the flour in a clean blender. Add the cold butter and a pinch of salt.
- Blend into a dry mixture and pour in the cold water.
- Pulse the ingredients until you get a moist dough.
Transfer it to a clean surface and knead the dough for a couple of minutes until smooth. Roll the dough out and coat a tart tin.
Cover it with a sheet of baking paper and fill it up with baking beans or dried pulses. Blind bake the shell in a preheated oven at 359°F (180°C) for 10 minutes. In the meantime peel and clean the apples. Chop them into bite-size pieces. Slice the bacon finely. Add both apples and bacon to a bowl and season with some pepper and salt.
- Mix well. Add the cream and the eggs to a high cup and mix it.
Once the pastry shell is cooked, let it cool for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle it with half of the grated Emmental. Top with the brie and the bacon and apple mixture. Pour the cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the grated Emmental.
- Season with extra pepper and salt. Bake the cheese quiche in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 30 to 35 minutes until the cream has set and the top starts to brown a little. Remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes before serving.