Ginger Prawns Stir Fry Recipe
Fond of fried ginger? Take a quick look at my fried ginger steak recipe as well!
- 16 raw king prawns
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 oz (55 g) fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) frying oil
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- fresh spring onion, mint or cilantro, chopped
- Peel the ginger and chop it in half. Slice one half very finely and the other part a little coarser.
- Pour the frying oil in a small saucepan and place it over medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add the finely sliced ginger and immediately turn the heat lower or it will brown too fast.
- Then let the ginger fry for some minutes. Stir regularly. Keep an eye on it. It burns quickly. Once the ginger is fried and golden, remove it using a slotted spoon.
- Combine the lemon juice, fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce in a small cup. Then add 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Whisk well and put this marinade aside. Then pour a little vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Add the garlic paste and coarsely chopped ginger.
- Stir fry these ingredients for a minute and then add the prawns to the pan.
- Stir well and cook the prawns for some minutes until pink and cooked through. Then add the soy sauce marinade.
- Stir the prawns for another minute. Then take them off the heat and check the seasoning. Add extra soy sauce, lemon juice, oyster sauce or fish sauce to taste. Add chopped fresh mint, cilantro or spring onion to taste.
- Then divide the prawns over plates. Garnish with fried ginger and serve.