Sugary Moist Gingerbread Cake Recipe
You shouldn’t leave out the huge amount pepper if they frighten you. It takes care of the necessary spiciness of the gingerbread and gives it a very pleasant heath too. I’m planning to put even more pepper in it next time.
My sugary gingerbread cake recipe is great for breakfast or dessert! Fluffy cake with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves…
- 8 oz self-raising flour (225 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 cloves
- 4 oz unsalted butter (115 g), cold
- 4 oz fruit molasses (115 g)
- 5 oz brown sugar (140 g)
- 1 ⅙ cup whole milk (280 ml), lukewarm
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp pepper
Add the cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon powder, black pepper and a pinch of salt to a pestle. Then grind the spices well into a fine spice mix.
- Put it aside for later. Transfer the flour, baking soda, a pinch of salt and cold butter to a blender.
- Pulse a few times into a dry mix. In a large mixing bowl add the fruit molasses, egg and brown sugar.
Whisk well into a tacky mix. Then add the freshly grated ginger, the spice mix from the pestle and the milk.
- Whisk well into a runny batter. Then gradually add the dry flour and butter mixture from the blender.
- Pour the gingerbread batter in a baking paper lined cake tin.
Bake the gingerbread cake in a preheated oven at 356°F (180°C) for 45 minutes. Then let it cool in its tin. Remove the cake and baking paper from the tin and slice it up.