Try to envision this in combination with the zestiness of the lemon juice. The horseradish and whipped cream on the other hand take care of the surprising explosion of freshness in your mouth. The balance between these flavors is just perfect. It’s not easy to explain. You should really try it and judge yourself.
Horseradish Sauce Recipe for Steak
To crank up the spices a little more you can add red chili and spring onion to the soy marinade or replace the lemon by tamarind juice for example. Serve the steak and this horseradish sauce with a bowl of golden fries or baked potatoes.
Love cooking with horseradish? Then also check out my smoked haddock quiche with spinach and horseradish!
- 2 steaks
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 ml)
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- sunflower oil
- ½ cup cream (120 g)
- 1 tbsp horseradish paste
- Combine the soy sauce, the lemon juice and 2 tbsp sunflower oil. Then pour this over the steaks and let them marinate for an hour. Turn the steaks a few times during this process.
- Whip the cream and the horseradish into a fluffy topping. Chill it in the fridge until later.
- Heat some sunflower oil in a non-stick pan. Stir fry the sliced shallots for 2 minutes and transfer them to a plate. Then take the steaks out of the marinade and brown them in the hot pan on all sides until cooked the way you prefer. Season with a little pepper.
- Turn off the heat. Add the remaining marinade to the steaks in the pan and stir. Then transfer them onto hot plates. Drizzle lightly with the soy sauce marinade. Add the cooked shallots. Garnish with the horseradish cream. Finish with some freshly chopped parsley.