Kale Salad Recipe with Pumpkin & Fish
Cleaned it up, removed the skin and bones until I ended up with some beautiful fillets. So let’s turn it into lunch! I just bought fresh kale as well and a chunk of pumpkin. Sounds like a lukewarm kale salad recipe in progress! I wanted to add some pumpkin seeds for extra crunch but I had none so I went for cashews instead.
I used fresh fish but some canned mackerel, tuna or sardines is just fine as well.
Love kale? Then check out my kale and potato mash with smoked sausage!
- 4,5 oz cooked fish or canned fish (125 g)
- 7 oz fresh pumpkin (200 g), diced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 handfuls fresh kale
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (or coriander, fennel, cumin seeds)
- ½ cup water (120 ml)
- a good handful cashew nuts
- a handful fresh parsley
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Add the diced pumpkin a dry non-stick pan, preferably a wok.
- Place the pan over medium-high heat until it is hot and then stir fry the pumpkin for 4 minutes without adding any oil. Then add the seeds, a pinch of pepper and salt and pour in the water as well.
- Put a lid on the pan and let the pumpkin steam and cook for 7 minutes until cooked through. The water should have disappeared by now. Then add the kale, the fresh parsley and the olive oil.
- Stir fry the kale and the pumpkin for another 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the soy sauce, the vinegar and add the cashew nuts.
- Gently fry the vegetables for another 2 minutes and the check the seasoning. Add extra pepper salt or soy sauce to taste if necessary. Then take the pan off the heat and divide the kale, pumpkin and cashew nuts over 2 deep plates. Top with the cooked or canned fish. Finish with a couple of drops of olive oil. Serve immediately.