Kimchi Fried Noodles
I love kimchi and I swear I could just eat it straight out of the jar in one sitting. But then I thought about other ways to serve the kimchi. I bought these pre cooked udon noodles at the supermarket as well (love them) so I thought I would add those to the kimchi. How about a bowl of spicy kimchi fried noodles?
Can’t go wrong with fried noodles, right. And I loved every bit of it for lunch. This dish is ready in 10 minutes! That kimchi really tastes great in combination with noodles. In fact it’s the very first time that I cooked with kimchi instead of using it as a cold garnish for salads or sandwiches. I wonder how it would taste in a soup! That’s for next time, in the meantime enjoy these spicy kimchi fried noodles!
Note: I used gochujang or Korean hot pepper paste to add an extra spicy touch to these noodles. If you can’t find those, just go for chili sauce.
Love quick and delicious noodle recipes? Then also check out my Chinese egg noodles with oyster sauce and crunchy vegetables! Or how about my simple soy sauce noodles then? Enjoy!
Do you love kimchi? Then you will absolutely adore these spicy kimchi fried noodles... Great for lunch or a sneaky snack!
- 3 tbsp kimchi
- 3 tbsp kimchi juice
- 4,5 oz udon noodles (125 g), pre cooked
- 1 small spring onion sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup water (80 ml)
- ¼ vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- garlic powder
- Pour the water in a frying pan and add the crumbled vegetable bouillon cube, the tomato paste, the gochujang hot pepper paste and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
- Place the pan over high heat and stir regularly until the pastes have dissolved. Let the water reduce by half. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper paste to taste if you like spicy. Then add the kimchi and kimchi juice.
Stir and cook for a minute. Then add the pre cooked udon noodles and the sliced spring onion. Save a tablespoon of the spring onion for garnish.
Stir and cover the pan. Let the noodles cook in the spicy kimchi sauce for 3 minutes or until they are tender and have fallen apart.
Then take the pan off the heat and scoop the noodles in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining sliced spring onion. Serve hot.