Lukewarm Shredded Lamb Salad with Soba Noodles
Lamb and soy sauce, those flavors go very well together so be generous. Looking forward to the next time we have lamb for dinner. I’d prepare the same salad with the leftovers again, it’s so addictive!
Leftover lamb in your fridge? Then you can also make this leftover lamb parmentier with it!
- 7 oz leftover lamb roast (200 g)
- 5,5 oz dry soba noodles (155 g)
- 1 small fresh carrot grated
- 3 green beans chopped
- a handful fresh mint and cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- garlic powder
- Shred the lamb up finely and add it to a medium mixing bowl together with a tablespoon of soy sauce, a tablespoon of water, a pinch of garlic powder and half of the sesame seeds.
- Stir well and then put the lamb aside (at room temperature) to marinate.
- Prepare the soba noodles. Check the package instructions to see how. Once cooked, drain the noodles and then refresh them under cold running tap water. Let the noodles drain once more.
- In a large non-stick frying pan or wok add the vegetable oil and the grated carrots and a pinch of garlic powder.
Place the pan or wok over medium-high heat until the oil is hot. Quickly stir fry the carrots in the warm oil for 3 minutes. Then remove the pan from the heat again and add the soba noodles and remaining sesame seeds.
- Stir well and add the rest of the soy sauce, a pinch of pepper, the freshly chopped herbs and the green beans.
- Stir well again. Then check the seasoning and add extra pepper or soy sauce to taste if necessary. Divide the soba noodle salad between, plates and top with the marinated shredded lamb.