Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Spaghetti
So tonight we’re having oven roasted vegetables with al dente spaghetti! I made a similar pasta recipe once with roasted eggplant, olives and parmesan cheese. Also a very simple and delicious dinner. Or how about a mushroom roast spaghetti?
- 1 lb dry spaghetti (450 g)
- 1 medium fresh eggplant
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 medium fresh zucchini
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- dried herbs
- olive oil
- Rinse the vegetables and slice them into ½ inch (1 cm) thick bits.
- Place them on a large baking tray. Sprinkle with some olive oil and brush the vegetables evenly. Then turn them all and brush again with extra olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some pepper, salt and dried herbs.
- Roast the vegetables in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through. In the meantime fill a large and high pan with water, season with a good dash of salt and bring it to a good boil. Then add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then drain it. Add 4 tablespoons of olive oil to a large wok together with the tomato paste and another sprinkle of pepper, salt and dried herbs.
- Place the wok over medium heat. Once the oil is warm and the tomato paste starts to fry, add ⅓ cup (80 ml) of water (or pasta cooking liquid). Stir and let this mixture reduce by half. Then add the cooked pasta.
- Stir well. Then add the warm roasted vegetables.
- Stir again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt, dried herbs or olive oil to taste if necessary. Then divide the pasta and vegetables over deep plates. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve hot.