Well I did the same with my ossobuco recipe: one with the classic red wine and another with beer. Love the sound of that? Then also check them out! I could honestly not choose which one I liked better because both recipes taste great.
Mushroom Risotto with Beer Recipe
But back to my mushroom risotto with beer then! I decided on mushrooms and parmesan cheese only as additional ingredients because I wanted to keep this dish simple. These are a must: they make the risotto extremely creamy, hearty and flavorful. Add a good dash of freshly ground black pepper in the end. The perfect flavor marriage!
Love risotto with mushrooms? Then also take a look at my shiitake risotto with soy sauce and egg yolk! Enjoy!
My mushroom risotto recipe with beer and parmesan: flavor bomb!
- 6 oz risotto rice (180 g)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 8 white mushrooms
- a handful parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup pilsner beer (240 ml)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock (240 ml)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Brush the mushrooms and then slice them up.
Transfer half of the butter to a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat until melted. Then add the garlic and chopped onion. Season with pepper and salt.
Gently cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until softened a little. Stir regularly. Also add the risotto rice.
Stir well and gently fry the rice in the buttery onion for 3 minutes. Stir regularly. Then add half of the beer to the pan.
Stir and simmer the rice in the beer. Gradually add splashes chicken stock and extra beer until the rice is nearly tender.
- In the meantime transfer the remaining butter to a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat until melted. Then add the sliced mushrooms. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Bake the mushroom until golden brown and cooked through. Then take the pan off the heat. Once the risotto rice is almost tender, add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Stir the risotto well and take the pan off the heat. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Also add the freshly grated (parmesan) cheese.
- Stir the mushroom risotto one last time. Then scoop it onto warm deep plates. Sprinkle with extra freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot.