Omelette Recipe with Prosciutto & Peas
A handful of eggs, frozen green peas, creamy prosciutto: great ingredients and savory flavors but all a bit on the softer side. The omelette could definitely use a little bit of crunch here! And nope, no lazy handful of chopped dried nuts this time but a generous sprinkle of freshly chopped yellow onion. It not only takes care of the much needed crunch but the onion also gives the omelette an extra vibrant freshness as well.
When you are plating up, just watch how that prosciutto starts to slowly melt under the heat of the green pea omelette! It looks so appealing and believe me, very hard if not impossible to resist. A simple omelette for the perfect flavor combination… Enjoy this one, folks!
- 5 medium eggs
- 3,5 oz frozen green peas (100 g)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Break the eggs in a large bowl. Season with a good dash of pepper and salt.
- Beat them until foamy. Pour the olive oil in a non-stick pan and place it over medium heat. Add the frozen green peas and gently cook for 2 minutes. Stir a few times.
- Pour in the beaten eggs. Quickly stir so the green peas are evenly spread over the beaten egg and bake the omelette the way you prefer. I like my omelet best when it is still a little gooey on top.
- In the end right before serving sprinkle the pea omelet with the freshly chopped onion and let it simmer for another minute under a lid.
- Check the seasoning and add a little pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Carefully cut the omelette into quarters and transfer them onto hot plates. Top each quarter with a slice of the prosciutto. Serve the pea omelette immediately while still hot.