Love pumpkin recipes? Then also check out my pumpkin bread recipe!
Pumpkin Roll Recipe with Hazelnuts
- 7 oz (homemade) pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree (200 g)
- 7 oz cream cheese (200 g) or ricotta
- 10,5 oz caster sugar (300 g)
- 5 oz plain flour (140 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- a handful hazelnuts
Transfer the hazelnuts to a blender. Pulse until you get a fine crumble. Then set aside until later.
Sift the plain flour, baking soda and cinnamon over a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, fresh ginger (optional), 8 oz (230 g) of the caster sugar and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Then add the cooked or canned pumpkin and half of the blended hazelnuts.
Mix well. Coat a baking tray with baking paper. Secure the corners (I used a stapler for that) and brush the inside with oil. Then pour the batter in the tray and spread it evenly.
Bake the pumpkin cake in a preheated oven at 256°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. The cake is ready when the edges start to pull away from the sides. Remove the cake. Then turn it upside down onto a clean and dry kitchen towel. Carefully peel away the baking paper.
- Roll the cake up with the towel. Secure the roll with elastic bands. Let it cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Transfer the cream cheese (or ricotta) and the remaining caster sugar and hazelnut crumble to a mixing bowl. Stir well. Unroll the cake and spread the top with the cream cheese mixture.
- Keep some space between the cream and the edges or it will spill out while rolling the cake up again. Spread the layer of cream evenly. Then carefully roll the cake a second time (discard the towel).
- Put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set. Cover with cling film if necessary. Slice the pumpkin roll up and serve.