So what goes into this salad? Well this chunky lukewarm salad consists of crunchy pan fried bacon bits, cooked green beans, chopped raw onion and boiled potatoes. Hard- boiled eggs are also often added. Drizzle the salade liegeoise with a homemade vinaigrette dressing and serve lukewarm… Great for lunch or dinner!
- 12,5 oz potatoes (350 g)
- 7 oz green beans (200 g)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs peeled and sliced
- 4,5 oz salted bacon (125 g), sliced
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp strong mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
Scrub the potatoes well, don't peel them. Chop them up into bite-size pieces if necessary. Transfer the potatoes to a large pan and add a generous amount of water and a pinch of salt.
Place the pan over high heat until boiling. Cook the potatoes until tender and then remove them using a slotted spoon. Keep the potatoes at room temperature. Trim and clean the green beans. Add them to the pan of hot water you boiled the potatoes in.
Cook the green beans until nearly tender (keep them crunchy). Strain and refresh them immediately under cold running tap water to stop the cooking process.
- Add the bacon to a large non-stick pan and place it over medium heat.
Cook the bacon for a couple of minutes until cooked through. Then take the pan off the heat and let the bacon cool down a little.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and mustard. Transfer the cooked potatoes, green beans, bacon, chopped onion, parsley and vinaigrette. Season with pepper and salt.
Stir well. Check the seasoning and add extra vinegar, pepper or salt to taste. Transfer the salad to a large serving bowl or 2 deep plates and garnish with the boiled eggs. Serve lukewarm.