Rustic Salt And Vinegar Potatoes
You get that light vinegar taste by simply boiling the sliced potatoes in a mixture of water and vinegar. Of course you can add less vinegar to reduce it. I’ve made these potatoes a couple of time before. The ratio below between the water and vinegar is just perfect for me!
Love potato recipes? Then also check out my dauphinoise potatoes au gratin!
- 1 ½ lbs oven potatoes (675 g)
- 1 cup white wine vinegar (240 ml)
- 2 cups water (480 ml)
- 1 small garlic clove
- olive oil
- Scrub and clean the oven potatoes under cold running tap water but don't peel them! Let the potatoes drain a bit and then slice them into ⅕ inch (5 mm) thick slices using a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer.
- Pour the vinegar and water in a large pan and add the peeled garlic clove.
- Place this over high heat until boiling, then add the sliced potatoes and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Cook the potatoes for 7 to 8 minutes. They should still be a little raw. Drain the potato slices.
- Pour a good splash of olive oil on a large oven tray and add the potato slices.
- Sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of salt. Then brush the potatoes with extra olive oil.
- Grill the potatoes for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Flip the slices over onto their uncooked side and grill another 10 to 12 minutes until golden as well. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Transfer them to a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Serve hot.