Love baking cookies? Then also try out my Italian cantucci almond cookies!
Sesame Seed Cookies Recipe
Sesame Seed Cookies
Course: Dessert, Snack
Servings: 30 cookies
Calories per serving: 91 kcal
- 2 ½ cup plain flour (300 g)
- 5 oz unsalted butter (140 g)
- 5 oz caster sugar (140 g)
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (8 g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 star anise optional
- 3,5 oz sesame seeds (100 g)
- ½ cup whole milk (120 ml)
- 2 medium eggs
- In a small saucepan add the butter and star anise (optional). Melt the butter over very low heat.
- Once melted, take the pan off the heat and let the butter cool until it reaches room temperature again. Remove the star anise. Then add the eggs.
- Whisk well into a creamy mix.
- Sift the flour over a large mixing bowl and add the caster sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder and a pinch of pepper and salt. Add the melted butter mix to these dry ingredients.
- Stir well until all the flour is fully incorporated. Add extra flour if necessary. The dough should still be a little wet and sticky. If you add too much flour the cookies will be too dry.
Divide the dough into even portions. I made 1 oz (28 g) portions. Then roll the portions into balls.
- Dip the dough balls in the milk.
- Then coat them with the sesame seeds.
- Put them on a clean and dry oven tray.
- Bake the sesame cookies in a preheated oven at 428°F (220°C) for 12 minutes. Remove and let them cool down fully at room temperature. Serve.