Crunchy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
If you are looking for a creamy dressing for these shrimp tacos, combine a couple of tablespoons of sour cream (or mayo) and some hot chili sauce to taste. Let everyone assemble their tacos, drizzle the dressing on top.
- 16 raw prawns
- 8 taco shells
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 fresh limes
- ½ small red onion finely diced
- 1 large fresh cucumber
- 1 fresh mango
- a handful fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp ground chipotle
- 1 garlic clove peeled and mashed
Rinse the prawns under cold running tap water and let them drain. Then peel and devein them. Put the prawns in a large bowl or baking dish. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, the juice of 2 limes, the cumin seeds, mashed garlic and chipotle powder. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
Stir the prawns well and let them marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Stir them regularly. In the meantime peel the cucumber and the mango. Slice the cucumber lengthwise in half and remove the seeds inside with a teaspoon). Then slice the cucumber in little strips and add them to a large mixing bowl. Slice the mango, remove the pit in the middle and slice the flesh into little cubes. Add them to the cucumber together with the freshly chopped cilantro, coriander seeds and chopped red onion.
- Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and the juice of the remaining lime. Stir well. Let the salad marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. Stir regularly. Place the prawns on a baking tray.
Grill them under a hot grill for 3 minutes until pink. Then flip them over and grill them for another 3 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Bake the taco shells (see package instructions). Plate up the grilled prawns, mango and cucumber salad and the warm tacos. Assemble the tacos the way you like.