Quiches are so very easy to make and they make such a great lunch, dinner or entree idea! Especially because you can easily make them in advance!
I based this haddock quiche on a recipe for a smoked salmon and watercress quiche. Since I didn’t have all the necessary ingredients that day, I replaced it by stuff I did have: smoked haddock and spinach.
I love to serve quiche cold, especially now that we live in hot Spain
Spinach & Smoked Haddock Quiche
I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini to prepare the dough and the filling.
Superb results! The dough is well combined, smooth and elastic. And the quiche filling is airy because the egg is whipped at a constant pace which incorporates enough air into the cream and spinach filling. This is perfection then!
Watch my video of how I’m preparing this super savory spinach and smoked haddock quiche in my fabulous KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini!
And here’s my video of how I’m preparing a basic quiche dough in my KitchenAid Stand Mixer Mini as well! Find the full recipe here.
I used a tart tin of about 8-inch (20 cm) diameter for this smoked haddock quiche. That makes a great lunch for 2 or a delicious starter for 4. You can serve the quiche warm or cold. Slice it up and serve with a fresh and crisp green salad!
Do you love smoked haddock?
Try this super savory spinach and smoked haddock quiche!
- 7 oz fresh spinach (200 g), cooked and cooled
- 11 oz smoked haddock (215 g)
- 1 quiche dough or short crust pastry
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup cream (80 ml)
- ¼ cup whole milk (60 ml)
- 1 tsp horseradish paste (creamed)
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
1. Place the dough in an 8-inch (20 cm) diameter tart tin. Trim excess dough and remove it. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Cover with parchment paper and put baking weights on top. Then bake the quiche crust in a preheated oven at 375°F (180°C) for 15 minutes.
2. In the meantime make the filling. Divide the smoked haddock into two. Shred one part up, dice the other half. Then add the egg, cream, cooked spinach, shredded smoked haddock, half of the grated cheese and creamed horseradish in the bowl of the Stand Mixer Mini. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic.
3. Attach the flat beater and then lower the mixer head. Select speed 4. Add the milk to the ingredients after 10 seconds. Mix the quiche filling for another 2 minutes. Then turn the speed off and remove the flat beater.
4. Remove the parchment paper and baking weights from the baked crust. Then pour in the quiche filling. Top with the diced smoked haddock. Season with extra pepper and salt. Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese. Then bake the quiche for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F (180°C) for 30 minutes. Serve the quiche warm or cold.