Healthy Avocado & Smoked Salmon Salad
Definitely a no brainer! But it’s a highly delicious and very elegant salad, an eye catcher of a lunch! Serve with grilled bread. Love easy lunch salads? Then also check out my mixed bean salad with creamy avocado dressing!
- 3,5 oz smoked salmon (100 g), sliced
- 1 large hard-boiled egg
- 2 handfuls fresh watercress or arugula
- 1 ripe kiwifruit
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 caper berries
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Gently rinse the watercress or arugula (or whatever salad or lettuce you are using) under cold running tap water. Transfer it to a large sieve or colander, shake it well and let it drain for 2 minutes. Then pour the watercress in a medium mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with a pinch of pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Toss the watercress salad well and put it in the fridge for now. Then slice the avocado in half and peel it carefully. Discard the skins and the seed in the middle. Slice the avocado meat up into thick slivers.
- Peel the kiwifruit and slice it up as well.
- Peel the hard-boiled egg and then slice it into 4 bits.
- Divide the slices of smoked salmon over 2 plates. Top with the seasoned watercress salad. Garnish with the sliced egg, kiwifruit, avocado, sesame seeds and caper berries. Thehn finish with a drizzle of extra olive oil and a pinch of salt. Serve with grilled bread.