Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Love chimichurri? Then also check out another great chimichurri recipe: my chimichurri shrimp! Enjoy!
Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Steak with chimichurri sauce... some ingredients are just made for each other! Sliced steak topped with a fresh parsley and cilantro sauce...
Course: Main Course
Calories per serving: 785 kcal
- 2 steaks
- a handful fresh cilantro
- a handful fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- good-quality olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Rinse the fresh parsley and cilantro. Let both drain on some kitchen paper. Then add them to a clean blender.
- Blend the herbs into a coarse mixture. Then add the chopped yellow onion and the garlic paste to the blender.
- Pulse well again for some seconds. Then pour in the lime juice and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
- Blend well into a nice oily dressing. Season with the cumin and a little pinch of pepper and salt.
- Blend the green sauce again. Add extra olive oil if necessary. You should end up with a thick but still quite runny sauce, something like an oily basil pesto. Check the seasoning of the chimichurri sauce and add extra lime juice, pepper, salt or garlic paste to taste if necessary.
- Put the sauce aside for now. Then pour some olive oil in a medium non-stick pan and place it over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steaks.
- Sear the steaks on both sides. Then bake them for as long as you prefer your steak to be cooked on the inside.
- Then slice the steaks up, place them onto warm plates and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce. Serve hot.