Strawberry Cupcake Recipe
So how about incorporating it into some cake batter then? I was not sure about the ratio between the other ingredients since I didn’t know how they would all react to the jam once baking. I started off using a classic pound cake recipe and adjusted some stuff along the way. But I got it right from the start: the cupcakes are extremely light, airy and fluffy. And that strawberry flavor? Hmmm you will definitely be surprised…
- 2 oz unsalted butter (55 g)
- 2 oz caster sugar (55 g)
- 3,5 oz self-raising flour (100 g), sifted
- 5 oz strawberry jam (140 g)
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 5 drops red food coloring
- 1 medium egg
- Place the butter over medium heat until melted. Then let the melted butter cool down for some minutes and pour it in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg.
- Whisk the butter and eggs well until foamy. Then add the caster sugar and strawberry jam (keep a tablespoon of the jam aside for the frosting).
- Stir the mixture well. Then add the sifted flour and season with a pinch of salt.
- Beat until you get a rather thick cake batter. Add 3 drops of red food coloring.
- Stir the batter well. Line a cupcake oven tray with paper cupcake casings. Then fill each of them with 2 tablespoons of the pink batter.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) and bake the cupcakes for 30 minutes until fully risen. Insert a toothpick, it should come out clean. In the meantime make the frosting. Beat the icing sugar and the cream cheese together. Then add the rest of the red food coloring.
- Beat the cream cheese again. Then add the rest of the strawberry jam you kept aside.
- Stir well. Then remove the freshly baked cupcakes from the hot oven and let them cool fully.
- Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a piping bag and garnish the cupcakes with it. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar if you like. Then serve at room temperature.