I can’t wait to throw my next barbecue party at home!
Because I would love to serve this creamy summer potato salad as a side dish this time. This is again a recipe that came out of the blue. I needed a potato salad and the other ingredients gradually just seemed to make their way into it. I wasn’t entirely sure how it would taste but in the end this was a gorgeous salad.
The perfect potato side salad for a meaty summer barbecue! Sizzling sausages, chicken drumsticks, lovely juicy seared steaks, fatty pork chops… I can imagine it already. And when all these goodies are roasting on the grill, I love to put bowls of cold salads and sides dishes on the table.
Make it a family feast to remember!
Summer Potato Salad & Ricotta Dressing
The ricotta dressing is really delicious, it is perfect for these cooked potatoes. I also add the radish leaves and stems to the salad because they are quite tasty. And I just hate to throw away things that are maybe not often used in cooking but still edible.
The horseradish, chopped red onions, pickled gherkins and fresh mint are there to add extra freshness and crunch to the dressing. You will love it! Don’t you have any horseradish in your kitchen, fridge or pantry? Then you can also use some strong mustard instead. Mustard is has a strong and punchy flavor, it’s an excellent alternative for horseradish!
Do you love potato salads?
Then also check out my sticky Spanish papas aliñas with loads of olive oil! That’s another potato side dish that would be perfect for a hot summer barbecue!
- 1 ½ lbs potatoes (675 g)
- 10 fresh radishes with leaves
- 3 large pickled gherkins
- 3 tbsp red onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsp ricotta
- 1 tsp horseradish paste
- 3 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- olive oil
- Chop the potatoes into small bits and add them to a large saucepan. Add water until the potatoes are fully submerged. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Place the pan over high heat and boil the potatoes until tender. Then drain the potatoes and let them cool down fully. Transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Chop up the pickled gherkins and add them as well.
- Trim the radishes but keep the leaves. Rinse the radishes and then slice them up finely. Add them to the mixing bowl.
- Then rinse the radish leaves and chop them up finely. Add them to the potato salad together with the freshly chopped red onion, the mint and the parsley.
- Season with a pinch of pepper and salt. Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Stir the salad well. Now combine the ricotta, the horseradish paste, 4 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir the dressing well. Then add it to the potato salad.
- Stir well again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper, salt and olive oil to taste if necessary. Scoop the potato salad in a large serving bowl and chill it in the fridge for 10 minutes. Serve.