Sweet Potato Casserole with Feta Cheese
This amazing root vegetable was on my meh-list until about a year ago. Until I started to discover it here in Spain. These buggers come in 2 different shades: the common reddish orange one and the white yam kinda yellow one, called batatas.
Credits for this recipe idea go to our neighbours Marc and Chris! I’m going to serve it tonight for Thanksgiving as a side dish for my turkey roulade!
- 10,5 oz red sweet potatoes (350 g)
- 10,5 oz white sweet potatoes (350 g)
- 3,5 oz feta cheese (100 g)
- a handful fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then dice them up finely. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the olive oil and dried herbs. Season with a pinch of pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Stir the potatoes well. Then place a wok or large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the sweet potato mixture to it.
- Stir fry the potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes. Then take the pan off the heat and let the potatoes cool down. Once cooled, crumble the (feta) cheese and add it together with half of the freshly chopped parsley to the bowl.
- Stir well again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Then pour the potatoes and cheese in a large baking dish.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 1 hour or until soft. Then remove the dish from the oven and serve hot.