15 Minute Tuna Pasta Sauce
Her cookbook was a great success when published in 2009. I just had to have that book because I was so excited bout her food! This quick and easy pasta sauce with chunky tuna and tomatoes is one of her recipes. Simple, clean and very easy to prepare but a success dish whenever I make it at home.
Another pasta sauce for Maria I love so much is her lemon cream sauce!
Looking for a funky spaghetti sauce? It's about time for this easy tuna pasta sauce: al dente penne with a chunky tuna and tomato sauce... Ready in 15 minutes!
- 10,5 oz dry pasta (300 g)
- 17 oz canned whole tomatoes (200 g)
- 5,5 oz canned tuna (155 g), drained
- 1 large garlic clove sliced
- 1 tsp red chili chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers in brine
- a handful fresh parsley chopped
- Cook the pasta until al dente and drain it. In the meantime make the tuna sauce. Pour the olive oil in a large pan and add the sliced garlic and chopped red chili. Then place the pan over medium heat and gently fry the garlic and chili for 3 minutes until golden.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes, mash them up a little and cook them in the hot oil for 7 minutes.
- Season the chunky tomato sauce with a pinch of pepper and salt. Add the drained tuna together with the capers to the tomato sauce.
- Stir the sauce well and break up the biggest tuna lumps. Cook for another 2 minutes. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Stir in the freshly chopped parsley. Add the cooked pasta and give it all a very good stir. Scoop the pasta and tuna sauce onto deep plates. Sprinkle with extra freshly chopped parsley and serve.