Stuffed Avocado with Tuna Salad
Make sure the avocado you are about to use is not too mushy on the inside when you gently squeeze it. Just somewhere in between firm and mushy. If I leave them out for too long and they are too soft I usually make a sandwich spread with it or just simple plaster the avocado meat straight on some bread, sprinkle of pepper and salt, olive oil. Ready.
Love avocado? Then also check out my creamy avocado soup with pesto and chicken!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp fresh cucumber diced finely
- 3 tbsp canned tuna
- 1 tbsp fresh tomato diced finely
- 1 tbsp red onion diced finely
- a pinch garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped finely
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Slice the avocado lengthwise in half and remove the large seed inside.
- Then place the 2 halves back on each other to prevent the avocado from discoloration. Put the avocado aside until needed later on. Add the canned tuna to a medium mixing bowl.
- Then add the diced red onion and a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir and add the freshly chopped cilantro.
- Stir again. Now add the diced cucumber, the garlic powder and the olive oil.
- Stir again. Add the diced tomato.
- Stir the tuna salad well. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary.
- Place the 2 avocado halves next to each other on a clean plate and fill them up with the tuna salad. Serve cold.