Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Pistachio Nuts
Love recipes with goat cheese? Then also check out my stuffed goat cheese tortellini with sun dried tomatoes!
- 7 oz soft goat’s cheese roll (200 g)
- 3,5 oz pistachio nuts (100 g), salted
- 7 oz romaine lettuce (200 g)
- a handful cherry tomatoes
- a handful seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tsp strong mustard
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
Add the pistachios to a blender. Pulse for a couple of seconds until you get a fine crumble.
Pour it in a deep plate and season with some pepper and salt. Slice the goat cheese up into 6 to 8 slices.
Then combine the egg yolk, mustard and a tablespoon of milk or water in a small cup. Season with pepper and salt.
- Then brush the top of the goat cheese slices with the beaten yolk.
Dip them in the pistachio crumble. Then brush the other side of the goat cheese with the egg wash and sprinkle with the pistachio until nicely coated.
- Then place the goat cheese on a baking tray lined with baking paper, season with extra pepper and place them in the fridge for 10 minutes until chilled.
Shred the lettuce and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with a little salt.
Stir the lettuce. Slice the cherry tomatoes and grapes in half and then add this to the lettuce.
Grill the goat cheese under a hot grill for 4 minutes on both sides until golden. Place the grape and cherry tomatoes salad onto plates. Then top with the grilled goat cheese. Garnish with the chopped parsley and red onion. Serve immediately.