Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Curry & Garam Masala
Boy I love surprising vegetable side dishes like this. Take any kind of vegetable you want, flip it up side down, think outside the box and you got yourself a splendid vegetable dish to add some extra fun to your daily meals!
The cauliflower I used is quite small, just the size we need for 2 people. But you can use larger ones obviously: make some extra marinade and roast the cauliflower a little longer in the oven. Or chop it into smaller florets, brush with the marinade and roast them on a baking tray.
- 1 whole fresh cauliflower head (about 1 ¼ lbs or 550 g)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened yogurt (Greek)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- olive oil
- Clean the cauliflower, remove any leaves and shave the bottom until it is nice and flat.
- Scoop the yogurt in a small cup and season with a pinch of salt, the garlic powder and the chili powder.
- Stir well. Then add the curry powder, the chili powder and the garam masala.
- Stir the yogurt marinade well again. Place the cauliflower on a baking tray that you have lightly oiled with a couple of drops of olive oil.
- Brush the yogurt marinade all over the cauliflower head. Be generous. Make sure that every spot on the surface is covered with a nice layer because it will color evenly.
- Place the cauliflower in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate. Then place the tray in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 35 to 40 minutes. The cauliflower should still be a little crunchy on the inside. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and place it on a clean serving plate. Serve hot.