Surprisingly this food here was damn decent! So as I already said I ordered this German sausage salad and the hubs had white asparagus in hollandaise sauce with steamed potatoes. Nice and not pricy at all!Last week something reminded me of this salad I had there (probably a picture of the Vitra museum and first thing I think of is the food – sounds familiar?) so I put some bologna sausage on my grocery list since I had all the other ingredients in my pantry already. Sliced it up, tossed the salad together in under 20 minutes. Great refreshing summer lunch salad!!
- 9 oz bologna sausage (250 g)
- 1 small red onion or shallot
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 large pickled gherkins
- a handful fresh chives chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Peel the bologna sausage and chop it up. You can choose whatever shape you want: sliced, diced or grated. I did a bit of everything here to make the salad look more appealing and add extra crunch. Then add the sausage to a medium mixing bowl.
- Slice the pickled gherkins finely and do the same with the red onion or shallot. Add them both to the sausage in the bowl.
- Stir well. Chop the cherry tomatoes up into quarters and add them to the bowl as well.
- Stir the salad again. Add the freshly chopped chives and season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Stir the salad. Add the white wine vinegar and the olive oil now.
- Stir well again. Check the seasoning and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. The salad has to marinate so don’t add too much extra vinegar. Cover the sausage salad with a piece of king film and put it in the fridge to marinate for an hour. Right before serving, gone the salad another good stir, taste it again and adjust if necessary. Scoop the sausage salad onto deep plates and serve with some toasted bread.