Quick & Light Zucchini Tomato Bake
I needed a very light but fresh and mediterranean kind of side dish for a beautiful sea bass that was on the menu that day, looked like a great match!
The tomatoes and zucchini don’t need a lot of baking, so this dish is actually ready in a good 30 minutes. Easy one. Next time I think I will go turn this side dish in a veggie main course or lunch by adding very thinly sliced potatoes, and I would sprinkle it with crumbled feta cheese and olives when it comes freshly out of the hot oven. Can’t wait to try that.
Love vegetable side dishes? Then also check out my sweet potato casserole with feta cheese!
- 10,5 oz fresh tomatoes (300 g), small and ripe
- 10,5 oz fresh zucchini (300 g), thin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the zucchini and tomato into very thin slivers. Do this with a very sharp and long knife for the best result.
- Then spread them evenly over a medium tart tin of 8 inches (20 cm) in diameter (or a small baking dish).
- Sprinkle with some garlic powder, pepper, salt and the dried thyme. Drizzle the tomato and zucchini evenly with the olive oil as well.
- Cover the tin or dish with tinfoil. Then place the vegetables in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20 minutes. Remove them from the hot oven once done and sprinkle with extra olive oil or salt to taste if necessary. Serve warm.