Are you in for easy pasta idea?
Here’s another simple Italian pasta recipe: a classic aglio e olio peperoncino!
Even if you think that you are a pretty useless home cook, still then I’m sure that you can’t screw this one up. Because look at the recipe below and how simple it is to make! There are 2 things here that you have to watch out for: first, don’t overcook your pasta and secondly, don’t burn the garlic.
Now how easy could it be?
It was my husband who introduced me to this easy pasta recipe. You know those days when you come home from work and you really didn’t feel like, or you forgot to stop by your supermarket for dinner. Well this recipe has saved us quite a few times.
Besides, what makes this recipe so great is that I have all the ingredients that you need for it in my pantry all the time. And I’m sure that you do too!
Pasta, garlic, brie chili, salt and olive oil.
Aglio e Olio Peperoncino
I guess it is the simplicity of this dish that also makes it so popular: it is easy, simple to make and yummers to eat. That’s why I always keep this one in the back of my mind for a dinner plan B, just in case I need to rebuild my initial week’s menu.
Another reason why I like it so much is that this pasta doesn’t taste like a cheap one. Even though it contains very little ingredients.
Do you love simple pasta recipes?
Then also check out my easy cacio e pepe pasta with pepper and cheese!
- 9 oz dry spaghetti (250 g)
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 1 dried red chili
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 ml)
- coarse sea salt
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them thinly.
- Pour the olive oil in a small saucepan and place it over medium-low heat. Add the sliced garlic and the dried red chili to the warm oil. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Gently fry the sliced garlic for about 5 to 6 minutes until it starts to look a little bit golden and light brown. The slices will become crispy. Keep an eye on it so you don’t burn it!
- Once the garlic is golden, take the pan off the heat and let it cool a little. The garlic will fry some more in the hot oil so don't take it off the heat too late. Put it aside until needed. Fill a high pan with salted water and place it over high heat. Once boiling, add the spaghetti and cook until tender.
- Drain the al dente pasta and transfer it back to the high pan. Add the warm olive oil, the fried garlic and the red chili. Season with a little salt.
- Stir the spaghetti well. Check the seasoning and add extra salt to taste if necessary. Transfer the garlic pasta onto plates and serve piping hot.