I love my homemade easy guacamole recipe, the best creamy Mexican classic of all classics! And what an appetizer to start up a summer party… Because it’s everyone’s favorite, right!
One of the staples of South American cuisine: my homemade easy guacamole recipe!
And it makes me wonder: why are people so fond of it? I think it’s because it just tastes so great… And it’s suitable for omnivores and vegans!
Cinco de Mayo
I’m working on my Cinco de Mayo recipes so this one must be part of them.
Avocados haven’t been a regular ingredient in my kitchen for years.
The ones I tasted before in Belgium were quite bland, had a very artificial texture and were downright uninteresting. However since I moved to Spain these green gems are on the menu weekly. They are just so yummy over here!
Easy Guacamole Recipe
I guess the trick to make the guacamole even better is to keep the avocado chunky.
I prefer to mash it up with a fork instead of blending all the ingredients into a paste. Add enough fresh cilantro and lime juice as well. That gives this avocado dip an ultimate boost.
You can also replace the spices in this recipe by my homemade taco seasoning!
I once heard that if you add the avocado seed to the guacamole, it helps to keep it green if you make it in advance because it keeps the avocado meat fresh!
I have honestly no idea why that is. But I’ve tried it and it seems to work for me.
Do you know why?
Then leave a comment below at the end of this blog post!
Whenever I throw a summer party, guacamole is always on the menu for appetizers. It’s a people pleaser. But another one that goes very well with it, is my homemade and spicy roasted tomato salsa!
You definitely have to try that one out as well.
Let’s get this easy guacamole recipe started!
Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice lime juice
- a handful fresh cilantro chopped
- a handful fresh mint chopped
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garam masala (optional)
- garlic powder
- Open the avocados and remove the big pit in the middle. Scoop the avocado meat out of the skins using a spoon and then add it to a mixing bowl or deep plate. Roughly mash the avocado up with a fork.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes open and deseed them under cold running tap water. Chop the tomato meat up finely. Add this together with the chopped onion to the avocado.
- Stir the guacamole quickly. Then season it with the ground cumin, the garam masala, a pinch of garlic powder and some pepper and salt.
- Stir the guacamole. Then add the freshly chopped cilantro and mint. Drizzle with the lemon or lime juice.
- Stir the guacamole well again until creamy. Check the seasoning and add extra salt, garlic powder, pepper, cumin, garam masala or lime juice to taste if necessary.
- Chill the guacamole in the fridge for 30 minutes. Scoop it into a clean bowl and serve.