Pan fried artichokes in white wine sauce with dried chorizo sausage and fresh parsley! This winner is a great vegetable side dish for grilled steaks or fish!
Do you like artichokes?
I think artichokes are one of those vegetables that I could serve daily here at home. We are so fond of it! How about you? Do you often cook with artichokes? I have seen lots of versions of a popular artichoke recipe over the years: artichoke dip.
Preferably with cream cheese and spinach.
Does that sound familiar?
I’ve never tasted it before though. And I kind of think that most recipes use canned artichokes for it. However for this recipe below you need frozen artichokes.
Start off with these next artichokes in white wine for instance. This is a splendid side dish, or a creative lunch served with some grilled bread!
Pan fried artichokes in white wine sauce with dried chorizo sausage and fresh parsley… This is also a great side dish for grilled steaks…
Artichokes in White Wine & Chorizo
Here at home we like cooking with artichokes best when they are fresh.
But the fresh ones are not always available around here. So I started experimenting with frozen ones. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive about those in the beginning.
I like my fresh vegetables, but I won’t throw a tantrum if I have to go for a plan B. And yes, the frozen artichokes I find in my local supermarket are not bad at all. At least for this recipe with white wine and chorizo below.
Are you looking for more artichoke recipe ideas?
Then you should definitely check out my artichokes à la barigoule (with wine and bacon in the oven), simply fried artichoke appetizer with cilantro mayo, my fresh artichoke salad with red onion, steamed artichokes with lemon or salt cod with artichokes in anisette liqueur!
Best Chorizo Artichokes in White Wine Recipe
Pan fried artichokes in white wine sauce with dried chorizo sausage and fresh parsley!
- 7 frozen artichoke hearts thawed
- garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried chorizo sausage diced
- ⅔ cup dry white wine (160 ml)
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Slice the thawed artichokes in half and add them to a large saucepan. Add water until the artichokes are submerged and season with a pinch of salt.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring the water to a mere simmer. Once simmering, take the pan off the heat and drain the artichokes. Let them drain on some kitchen paper for 30 minutes.
- Then pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan and season with a little pinch of garlic powder.
- Place the pan over high heat and once the oil is hot, add the drained artichokes cut side down. Fry the artichokes in the hot oil for 6 to 8 minutes until they start to look golden on one side. Then turn the heat lower to medium and add the diced chorizo sausage. Season with a pinch of pepper and salt.
Fry the chorizo for 4 minutes. Then turn the artichokes over and pour in the white wine. Turn the heat high again and let the wine reduce by half. Then turn the heat off. Stir in the freshly chopped parsley.
- Check the seasoning of the white wine sauce and add extra pepper or salt to taste if necessary. Scoop the fried artichokes and chorizo onto a serving plate and drizzle with the remaining wine and parsley sauce. Serve hot.